After Session Reminders
You’ve done deep work on the day of your Session, no matter how “easy” or “difficult” it seemed to you. Your energy field will continue to clear and release for the next 2 weeks.
After movement of the healing or transformation through the energetic body, the process will move through the physical body, which can happen instantly, or take as long as 9 months.
The mind catches on last. This is frequently a somewhat frustrating aspect for most individuals, and it is the reason you are given ceremonies and practices to utilize for stabilization of the mind and body during the time the healing needs to process.
Mind healing happens often in hindsight, and this process can also take anywhere from 2 weeks to 9 months to complete, sometimes simultaneously with the body, at others sequentially.
In general, give yourself a few weeks to integrate. Sometimes the change is instant and dramatic. Other times, it is more subtle. Notice the subtle changes: a slight difference in how you feel and what you sense when you wake up, your dreams, the quality of your sleep, the circumstances in your life, the way you move and act.. be kind with yourself in the meantime.
- Drink lots of water, preferable from a spring, well or filtered tap. This will help you clear toxins and continue the cleansing process after your Session.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, processed sugar or any other mood altering substances for 24 hours after the Session, and limit the intake for a period of 21 days.
- Give yourself permission to have an early night.
To complete your Session:
- Take a Cleansing Bath within 3 days of your Session (guidelines below).
- Do the “integration work” we discussed during our Session.
- Practice deep self care over the weeks you are integrating.
- Perform a Sacred Fire Ceremony within 1 week of your Session (see guidelines below).
- Make a point of noticing changes. Writing in a journal is a nice way to record your shifts free of other’s judgements or opinions.
Physical: You may feel tired, energized or healed after the session. This is normal as you are integrating the work we have done and adjusting to your new body. The body will take 2 weeks to fully integrate the healing, and 8 months to build a new body. During that time it helps to stabilize your mind and continue with your ceremonies, practices and exercises.
Emotional: If an emotion arises, allow it, notice it coming up and then do a ceremony to transform it. Some examples include using an in-breath to gather up the emotion and then an out-breath to release it. It is helpful to direct the our-breath into the Earth or a candle fire, with gratitude for the release and transformation. Remember to thank the Fire or Earth for their transformational help and powers.
Mental: Avoid over-analyzing, prematurely interpreting or obsessively thinking about emotions or thoughts, or what has happened during (or might happen after) your Session. Your mind will take 21-28 days to develop new thought forms and perception, if you practice them consistently. Longer if you don’t. During this time, light reflection, easy journaling, effortless contemplation and still meditation are most helpful. If you experience scattered thoughts, increase grounding foods and water intake for about a week if your diet allows. Grounding foods are those that ground Nature. Examples are root vegetables or teas that use the roots of plants. Adding some movement meditations such as Thai Chi, Qi Gong, or Yoga Nidra can calm the mind as well.
Spiritual: Get out in Nature for 20-40 minutes per day. Spend time outdoors, preferably barefoot or put your hands into the soil by doing gardening work. You can also swim in the ocean or hug a tree! Pick places in Nature you have developed a relationship with or those you deeply appreciate. The Earth will absorb toxins from your physical and energy body, help balance your emotions, and stabilize your mind while you are healing, releasing and coming to completion with your Session. Of course, you are welcome to bring some flowers or a small and biodegradable token of appreciation to leave for the place in Nature after your ceremony.
Check in with yourself regularly on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels after your Session. Notice any changes. Often changes are subtle and transformative to begin with, and become increasingly noticeable as you continue your personal work. After 14-21 days, see if there is anything else that needs clearing or energizing. If yes, this is normal as the layers of the onion gets peeled. You can simply book another Session or do another ceremony for clearing and see what happens. If there is nothing else that comes up, be thankful and celebrate the progress and transformation you have made!
Below are descriptions for the Cleansing Bath and Sacred Fire Ceremony.
Take a cleansing bath before bedtime. You may want to take a number of these over the next couple of weeks, or integrate these baths as a monthly or weekly practice into your life:
- Mix 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup sea salt and 1 cup of Epsom salt in a bowl.
- If you like, add 10-15 drops of a therapeutic grade essential oil to the salt.
- After mixing the ingredients, add them to the bath water.
- Optionally, add organic bath bubble or a small bottle of peroxide to the water also.
- Make the bath water as hot as you can without straining or burning yourself.
- Soak for 20 minutes while deeply breathing in the healing and deeply breathing out the release of the old.
- Rinse the bathtub well after the bath without touching the salt.
Note: Epsom Salt pulls toxins out of your body and into the water. Sea Salt draws energy from the water and bath salts into the body. For the Cleansing Bath after your Session, Epsom salt is required. If you do not have a bathtub or cannot take a bath, a foot bath or salt scrub will work also.
Sacred Fire Ceremony:
Find a stick or a small burn able object. This will be your “offering” to allow you to complete any remnants of the old energy in your field after your Session.
With the intention of creating Sacred Space, build a small fire. You can use a piece of paper or tooth pick, a fire safe bowl, and a candle if you do not have access to a fire pit.
When the fire is burning well (or the candle is lit and burning harmoniously), pull out your offering and add three breaths:
- For the first breath, call up any feelings, thoughts or emotions that still remain unresolved after your Session and blow them into the object.
- Then, with the second breath, blow the intention of completion into the object.
- With the third breath, Gratitude to all beings and Energies involved.
The three breaths symbolically release all the energies of that old story, calls in completion, heals all beings involved, and honors the Fire and Earth who help you transform anything unresolved.
Place the offering into the fire and watch it being transformed (consumed by fire). Notice how the stick burns and if you can sense the release that is occurring in your physical body as the offering gets consumed by the Fire.
Watch the fire burn down, or keep the candle burning until it goes out naturally (or it is no longer safe to keep it burning). Please remember fire safety!
Express gratitude to the Earth, the Fire and the Unseen Helpers. Close your Sacred Space.
Drink lots of water and notice any dreams that come up that night as they may be messages to confirm your healing or contain information for the journey ahead.